- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF with regeneration
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 190-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AC37 BC3731 - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
An AC mains TRF 2 band table radio housed in a bakelite cabinet with provision for an external loudspeaker. With a "Droitwich rejector" on LW band. Price in 1936 £9 5s 0d. Same as the GEC AC37 BC3730 model with different mains voltage AC cycles (190-250v 25/100Hz).
- Price in first year of sale
- 9.25 £
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (213 dated May 22 1937)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (616 dated Apr 10 1943)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (GEC Service Bulletin No. 30 BC3730, BC3730L, BC3731 dated 37/3)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 433 models, 271 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London