AC5 Receiver BC3940
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 190-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AC5 Receiver BC3940 - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
The similar BC3940L model has a different mains transformer for 110-130 / 210-230 volts AC.
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (GEC Service Bulletin 53 for the A.C.5 Receiver)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 433 models, 271 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London