AC/DC All Wave 5 Receiver BC3957
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- 1938 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; Export model
- Tuned circuits
- 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 190-210; 210-230; 230-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AC/DC All Wave 5 Receiver BC3957 - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 440 x 385 x 260 mm / 17.3 x 15.2 x 10.2 inch
An AC/DC mains 3 band radio housed in a bakelite case. An export model made for the Indian market and tropic proof. With two speed tuning control, volume and tone controls, the dial has radio station names and codes and band indicators on left and right corners. With sockets for two aerials, earth, gramophone pickup and external loudspeaker. Similar to the GEC BC3950 which has different wavebands.
- Model page created by Uday Kalburgi. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 433 models, 271 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London