Output Meter 583-A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- General Radio Company; Cambridge (MA)
- 1945 ??
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: GenRad
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Main principle
- Crystal or Solid State Detector
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Output Meter 583-A - General Radio Company;
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10 x 6 x 7 inch / 254 x 152 x 178 mm
The device is used to match the impedance of the measuring instrument to the amplifier output.
Ability to adapt the input to the impedance of the device being measured with two adjustments: The primary of the input transformer has four positions: x0.1 - x1 - x10 - x100. The secondary has the following positions: 25 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 80 - 100 - 125 - 200. Therefore impedances can be obtained from 2.5 to 20,000 Ω.
Power input : 5 mW - 50 mW - 500 mW - 5 W.
Maximum error in impedance measurement: 20%, in power measurement: 30% (between 20 and 20,000 Hz).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.7 kg / 8 lb 2.4 oz (8.15 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 155.00 $
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Mentioned in
- Strumenti Elettrici di Misura, Arturo Recla, Italy, Radio Industria editor,June 1947.
- Model page created by Felix Schaffhauser. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 236 models, 210 with images and 127 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from General Radio Company; Cambridge (MA)