AC All-Wave 5 BC3950L
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-130; 210-230 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AC All-Wave 5 BC3950L - GEC, General Electric Co.;
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 440 x 370 x 240 mm / 17.3 x 14.6 x 9.4 inch
An AC mains 3 band table radio housed in a bakelite cabinet. With indicators for volume and wavechange and terminals for an extension loudspeaker. Price in 1938 10 guineas. See also the GEC BC3950 model which is for 190-250 volts AC mains.
- Price in first year of sale
- 10.50 £
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (342 dated Aug 13 1938 BC3950 BC3950L)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (GEC Service bulletin No. 55 BC3950 BC3950L dated 38/7)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Broadcaster, Service Man's Manual (GEC BC3950 dated Aug 20 1938 All-Wave AC Five)
- Model page created by Roy Johnson. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 431 models, 265 with images and 233 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co.; London