AC Super 4 BC3740L
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 125 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-130; 210-230 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AC Super 4 BC3740L - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
An AC mains 2 band table radio housed in a wooden case. Provision for an external loudspeaker. See also the GEC BC3740 which is identical except for its mains transformer (190-210V; 210-230V; 230-250V). A similar chassis is fitted to the GEC BC3748L radiogram.
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (147 dated Oct 3 1936)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (GEC Service bulletin No. 31 BC3740 BC3740L BC3748 BC3748L dated 37/1)
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 433 models, 271 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London