- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 457.5 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 2 x 45 & 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B61A - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 15.375 x 12.25 x 5.625 inch / 391 x 311 x 143 mm
Features: 5V, B/C; 8" speaker; tuned R.F. stage; on/off switch in volume control; loop aerial mounted on chassis; external aerial and earth terminals; snap-action handle; leatherette-covered wooden case in light brown, dark browns and blue; hinged back; hinged up-lifting lid protects dial; operates on internal or external dry batteries; overall size 15" x 12" x 5¼"; weighs 16¾ lbs.
Retail selling price: £29/18/6.
Battery types used:
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 11 lb 0 oz (11 lb) / 4.994 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 29.93 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. VIII
- Mentioned in
- Radio Electrical Weekly, Portables Supplement, 29/10/1948.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (HMV Service Manual.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 8, 1950, Page 191.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 575 models, 353 with images and 225 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW