Challenge JE-1J (2128)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Challenge JE-1J - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.125 x 3 x 6.375 inch / 308 x 76 x 162 mm
His Master's Voice Model JE-1J "Challenge"
Seven transistor, battery operated portable radio. "Cycolac" plastic cabinet covered with simulated leather, saddle-stitched finish. Charcoal front: red, tan or charcoal back. Ear-piece in leather pouch. Operates from Eveready battery Type 276P. (MINGAY'S PRICE SERVICE)
Later examples have the first five transistors BF195 BF195 BF195 BC158 BC148. The original transistor list is shown on the schematic pasted in the rear of the radio. The output pair and the diodes are not changed.
Redesignated Model 2128 in 1973.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5 lb (5 lb 0 oz) / 2.270 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 65.00 AUS $
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Aug 1968 to Feb 1974.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers. (Service Manual, April 1968.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group C6, 1969, Page H51.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 575 models, 353 with images and 225 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW