Marie 8 Transistor TH-862R
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- alternative name: Hitachi Sales Corp. of America
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 2.25 inch = 5.7 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Marie 8 Transistor TH-862R - Hitachi Ltd.; Tokyo
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 4.625 x 2.8125 x 1.25 inch / 117 x 71 x 32 mm
Hitachi TH862R Marie
Eight-transistor pocket size with 2¼" dynamic speaker. Supplied with cowhide leather case, auxiliary antenna and earphone. Packed in attractive display box. Uses 1 x 216 Eveready type (standard 9V) battery. Shockproof two-tone plastic.
Sold in Australia during 1959 & 1960 for £35/14/- Price includes battery.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.330 kg / 0 lb 11.6 oz (0.727 lb)
- Model page created by Trev Levick. See "Data change" for further contributors.
Collections | Museums | Literature
The model Marie 8 Transistor is part of the collections of the following members.