VHF FM Transceiver IC-225
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Icom, Inoue Communication Equipment Corp.; Osaka
- 1976 ??
- Amateur TRX: Transmitter/Receiver (and Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: INOUE COMM. E. CORP
- Number of Transistors
- 2SC372 2SK30 2SD235 2SK19 2SC784 N13T1 3SK40 2SC373 2SA562 2SC730 2SA695 2SC1209 2SB435 LM703L
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 10700/455 kHz
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 13.8 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 1.5 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: VHF FM Transceiver IC-225 - Icom, Inoue Communication
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 158 x 58 x 247 mm / 6.2 x 2.3 x 9.7 inch
ICOM Mobile-VHF-FM-Transceiver IC-225.
Range: 144–146 MHz in 80 channels; Pout: 10 W/1 W.
Very early PLL Transceiver.
- Transmitter: Simplex: 80 channels in steps of 25 kHz; duplex: -600 kHz for each channel in transmit.
- Receiver: double conversion superheterodyne, with sensitivity better than 0.4 µV for 20 dB (S+ND)/N.
56 Transistors and 3 ICs, listed one per type and not all.
From an article of Dr. Alberto D'Altan, on "CQ Elettronica", January 1975.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.4 kg / 5 lb 4.6 oz (5.286 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1,430.00 DM
- Mentioned in
- Hannes Bauer-Katalog, 1976
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- "CQ Elettronica" Italy CD editor, number 1 January 1975.
- Model page created by Iven Müller. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 310 models, 204 with images and 93 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Icom, Inoue Communication Equipment Corp.; Osaka