Magnetic Music Centre UA5042 or MC5042
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- BF414 BF414 BF273 BF274 BF274 BC213 BC149 BC149 BC149 BC149 BC109 BC109 BC109 BC109 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SC458 2SB75 2SC77 2SC1213 2SC458 2SB370 2SC711 2SC458 BC239 BC239 BC239 BC239 BC149 BC149 BC149 BC149 BC157 BC157 BT101 BT101 BC182 BC182 BC212 BC212 TIP41 TIP42 TIP41 TIP42 BD239 ME0412 BC337 BC182
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and FM or UHF.
- Other Combination - see Notes; Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 220-240 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 25 W (max.)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Magnetic Music Centre UA5042 or MC5042 - ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; ITT
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 547 x 164 x 423 mm / 21.5 x 6.5 x 16.7 inch
This stereo music centre is based on the UA5040 but has a different record deck and magnetic cartridge.
Record deck; BSR P182, Cartridge; Acos magnetic M7, with diamond stylus SM7, tracking weight 2.5g.
FM coverage 87.5 - 104 MHz.
Loudspeaker impedance 8 ohm minimum.
Sockets; FM aerial, Tape/Radio 5 pin DIN, Microphone 5 pin DIN, loudspeaker 2 pin DIN, Headphones 6.25mm jack.
Stereo decoder; μA758.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 10.4 kg / 22 lb 14.5 oz (22.907 lb)
- Model page created by Mike Edwards † 25.10.21. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 181 models, 152 with images and 73 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)