- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Rhapsody KR609 - ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; ITT
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13 x 7.4 x 3.4 inch / 330 x 188 x 86 mm
Sockets for earphone and car aerial. Elliptical loudspeaker 6 x 4 inch.
VHF coverage 87MHz to 102MHz, Battery 1 x PP9
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5 lb (5 lb 0 oz) / 2.270 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 24.60 UK £
- Mentioned in
- Radio! Radio! (Date and price from Radio Radio, (Hill), page 260)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- ERT Service Chart 1838
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 181 models, 151 with images and 72 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)