- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Jewel Radio Corp.; New York, Long Island City, NY and East Newark, NJ
- 1951 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117V = 105 -125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 956 - Jewel Radio Corp.; New York,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
Jewel model 956 is an AC-DC operated superheterodyne receiver with loop antenna.
Error in tube parts list , 35W4GT don't exist, has to be 35W4.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 22, covering 1951
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 11, 1951
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 144, folder 6, dated 9-51)
- Other Models
Here you find 109 models, 72 with images and 65 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Jewel Radio Corp.; New York, Long Island City, NY and East Newark, NJ