- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP9: 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 7 inch = 17.8 cm
- Power out
- 0.85 W (max.)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Chieftain KR023 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 310 x 170 x 83 mm / 12.2 x 6.7 x 3.3 inch
MW has 2 bandspread ranges:
MW1 = 540 - 1090 kHz & MW2 = 1070 - 1620 kHz.
Same chassis as RGD RR223 "Rapier"
Alternative transistors AF127 AF127 OC70 AC127 AC128 AC127 AC128
Dimensions above exclude handle and knobs
- Price in first year of sale
- 17.33 UK £
- Mentioned in
- Date and price from Radio Radio, (Hill), page 260
- Model page created by Mike Edwards † 25.10.21. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB