A-12 Super Minstrel
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 175 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105-120 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A-12 Super Minstrel - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- The Lafayette Super Minstrel A-12 (105-120 volt) and A-13 (for 220-240 volt) are 5-Tube AC Superheterodynes and cover 190 to 550 meters. Three-Gang Variable Condenser, built-in aerial. The RF coils are wound so that the set reaches to 190 meters instead of 200 meters. It brings police calls in some localities. AVC (Automaitc Volume Control) and tone control.
The model A-12 is listed at $ 50.00 but the Lafayette price is $ 20.95. No measurements given. The 3 gang variable condenser is not for a HF amp but for antenna tuning of the fixed antenna. See details for the models of this catalog.
- Price in first year of sale
- 21.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 4 = ca. 1934 and before
- Mentioned in
- Rider's = under Misc.!
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette catalog no. 55 for 1934, page 6.)
- Other Models
Here you find 1341 models, 1157 with images and 407 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)