- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Car Radio, perhaps also + sound player/recorder
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 175 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 6 Volt
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AM-20 Rambler - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10.5 x 6.625 x 7.5 inch / 267 x 168 x 191 mm
- The lafayette car radio model AM-20 is a single unit "Quick service" construction. It has an airplane type remote control, two foot remote control cabless. There is a plug-in vibrator. AVC.
The "Auto Radio" model Lafayette AM-20 Rambler is listed at $ 43.90 but the Lafayette price is $ 22.95 including tubes and Suppresor kit. See details and summaries for the models of this catalog.
- Price in first year of sale
- 23.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 6 = 1935 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette catalog no. 57 for 1935, page 22.)
- Other Models
Here you find 1341 models, 1157 with images and 407 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)