SCR-211-T Frequency Meter Set (BC-221-T)
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 135/6 Volt
- - only for Earphone!
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: SCR-211-T Frequency Meter Set - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10 x 13.7 x 9.25 inch / 254 x 348 x 235 mm
- Precision heterodyne frequency meter designed to measure or radiate radio-frequency impulses between 125 kHz and 20 MHz. Portable, self-contained, used mainly to calibrate field radio receivers and transmitters by direct comparison with the crystal-calibrated variable frequency oscillator of the instrument. Frequency readings provided by a calibration book. Contained 1 MHz crystal oscillator and variable frequency oscillator operating in two switched ranges: 125 to 250 kHz and 2 to 4 MHz. The 2nd, 4th and 8th harmonics of the low-frequency range were used to cover 250 kHz to 2 MHz, while the 2nd, 4th and 5th harmonics of the high-frequency range were used to cover 4 MHz to 20 MHz. Supplied with aluminum-alloy cabinet. Required six BA-2 batteries (22.5V each), four BA-23 batteries (1.5V each) and P-18 or P-20 headset. Tube VT-116-B sometimes substituted for VT-116. Electrically and mechanically exactly alike model BC-221-P and very similar to models BC-221-AF and -AH.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 42.3 lb (42 lb 4.8 oz) / 19.204 kg
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers. (TM 11-300 (20 July 1944))
- Model page created by Emilio Ciardiello. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4352 models, 3961 with images and 3482 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
The model SCR-211-T is part of the collections of the following members.