Frequency Shift Converter URA-8A CV-89A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- 1955 ?
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- RF Converter/Adapter (not voltage converter)
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Frequency Shift Converter URA-8A [CV-89A] - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Radioteletype / FSK converter used to convert FSK signals to impulses to control a teletypewriter.
Variable shift around 850 Hz, internal CRT scope to control receiver tuning.
By means of the CM-22A comparator, the better quality signal coming from one of two CV-89A could automatically been switched to the connected teletypewriter.
Built for US Navy, also used by Royal Navy for maritime traffic.
Different contractors, e.g. Hoffman Laboratories Inc., Los Angeles, CA.
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 377 models, 331 with images and 187 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)