J-68/ARC-3 Power Junction Box for ARC-3 VHF Radio
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- 1945 ?
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Direct Current supply (DC) / 28 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: J-68/ARC-3 Power Junction Box for ARC-3 VHF Radio - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 260 x 180 x 200 mm / 10.2 x 7.1 x 7.9 inch
- Power Junction Box for AN/ARC-3 VHF Radio.
The Junction Box serves as the junction point for all interconnecting cables between the receiver, transmitter, power source and control panel.
On top of the unit are 2 dynamotors mounted which supply the anode voltage for receiver and transmitter.
DY-22/ARC-3 is the smaller of the two dynamotors. it runs continuously to supply the receiver with 210 VDC. DY-21/ARC-3 is the larger of the two units to supply the transmitter with 410 VDC. It is energized only when the PTT key is pressed.
Variant J-68A/ARC-3 is identical to the basic unit except for different fuse holders.
Power consumption (28 VDC) : receiving 5.5 A / transmitting 12 A
The total weight of approx. 20 lb does include both dynamotors.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 20 lb (20 lb 0 oz) / 9.080 kg
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers. ((AN 16-30 ARC3-2))
- Model page created by Franz Harder. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 377 models, 331 with images and 187 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
The model J-68/ARC-3 is part of the collections of the following members.