- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL
- 1957 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Airline or Air-Line
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / Either AC: 25-60 Hz, 110-120V or DC: 110-120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airline GEN-1657A - Montgomery Ward & Co. Wards,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
The Montgomery Ward Airline GEN-1657A is an AC/DC operated 5 tube BC band receiver. The BC band frequency tuning range is 540-1600kHz.
The following models use the same schematic and cabinet but have different cabinet colors:
Model Cabinet Color Speaker(s) GEN-1655A Mocha brown Qty(1) - 4" GEN-1656A White Qty(1) - 4" GEN-1657A Mahogany Qty(1) - 4" GEN-1658A Pink Qty(1) - 4" GEN-1660A Ivory Qty(2) - 4" GEN-1661A Light Torquoise Qty(2) - 4"
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 358, folder 1 dated 5-57)
- Model page created by John Kusching. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2247 models, 1386 with images and 1745 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL