- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 8 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave(s) and Police.
- Record Player (perh.Changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Power out
- 7.5 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 9R Ch= 9-2 - Motorola Inc. ex Galvin Mfg.Co
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 18.5 x 41.25 x 18.5 inch / 470 x 1048 x 470 mm
The cabinet of this radio is round shaped.
Tuning Range: 540 to 1720 kc, 2200 to 7000 kc and 7000 to 22,000 kc.
9-tube, 3-band All-Electric Phonograph Radio, Electric Phonograph has automatic stop, heavy duty motor, record-radio switch on motor board. Plays 10-in. and 12-in. records. Has "Talking" Dial, 3-gang condenser, Tuning Eye, AVC, tone-voice control, beam power tube.
- Price in first year of sale
- 149.95 USD
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Pre-War Consoles
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 8 = 1937 and before
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Motorola Folder for 1938.
- Other Models
Here you find 4122 models, 2830 with images and 3753 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)