- New Zealand-Aotearoa
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy (Brand), Westco Products Ltd. & Allied Industries Ltd.; Auckland
- 1967 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 9 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Murphy P88 - Murphy Brand, Westco Products
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 280 x 195 x 90 mm / 11 x 7.7 x 3.5 inch
8-Transistor superhet with RF stage broadcast (MW) portable radio.
Manufactured by Allied Industries Ltd (Fisher & Paykel) for Fisher & Paykel Ltd under licence from Rank-Bush Murphy Ltd, Hertfordshire, England.
- Price in first year of sale
- 29.95 NZ £
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Press 28 February 1967 Page 8)
- Model page created by Brian Stevens. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 8 models, 6 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy (Brand), Westco Products Ltd. & Allied Industries Ltd.; Auckland