- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / DC 105-130 V / AC 25/100 cycles 105-130 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: SAD94S - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.5 x 13.5 x 7 inch / 318 x 343 x 178 mm
- This is the Murphy model SAD94S of a family of a few nice looking models. Design: Eden Minns. Same cabinet for A94 (1940), SAD94S and SAD94 (also referred as SAD94L (both 1945). The schematic is similar to AD94.
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 360 models, 268 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
Forum contributions about this model: Murphy Radio Ltd.;: SAD94S
Threads: 2 | Posts: 7
Just for the records...
I've uploaded to the model's page, the whole service manual and other data gently supplied by HOWARD CRAVEN.
Meyer Rochwerger, 13.Jun.09
Dear friends, I'm just finishing the restoration of a Murphy radio model SAD-94S.
Now is time to align it's IF/RF circuits but I dont find the alignment data such the IF frequency wich is not mentioned in the schematics.
I really appreciate if someone could help me with this matter.
Meyer Rochwerger, 09.Jun.09