Transistor 8 B815A
Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP9: 2 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Power out
- 1 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transistor 8 B815A - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.5 x 7.5 x 4 inch / 318 x 191 x 102 mm
A battery powered portable 8 transistor radio covering MW (187 - 565 metres), LW (1070 - 1900 metres) and has Bandspread covering the high frequency end of MW (192 - 210 metres). Sockets for car aerial and earphone. Elliptical loudspeaker 8 x 5 inch.
The successor to the Murphy Transistor 8 B815 model in the same cabinet but medium grey in colour and with minor circuit changes including different output transistors. The same chassis is used in the Murphy B840 model.
- Price in first year of sale
- 18.20 GBP
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service Information Supplement to the Murphy B815 Service Instructions)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 360 models, 268 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City