Xiongmao 熊猫 Panda 552
- People's Republic of China
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Nanjing 南京无线电厂 Nanjing Radio Factory, Nanjing
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 220 Volt
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Xiongmao 熊猫 Panda 552 - Nanjing 南京无线电厂 Nanjing Radio
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 420 x 240 x 180 mm / 16.5 x 9.4 x 7.1 inch
- The Hongxing 红星 Red Star model 504 family has a full transformer. Same tube line up like 502 and 502-A. The same documentation is beginning page 180 (BRM 1959) for the models 504, 504-1, 504-2, 551, 552 and 553 but check the two slightly different schematics (both AC) between 504 and 504-1 / 504-2. They all have broadband 520 - 1600 kHz, SW 3.9 - 8 MHz and SW 9 - 16 MHz. Models 504-1 and 504-2 can also have two Russian tubes (6a2p for 6SA7GT and 6p1p for 6V6).
According to BRM July 1959 on page 180: Model Hongxing 红星 504 (trad. Chinese = 紅星牌) and Panda-Xiongmao 熊猫 551 (trad. Chinese = 熊猫牌) share the same cabinet - but the Panda are for export 出口. The same is for 504-1 / 552 and 504-2 / 553. This manual is still in trad. Chinese, not simplyfied Chinese! Therefore the same manufacturers are written differently to later or other manuals.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- 10-Broadcast Radio Manual, July 1959 (1958/59) (180 ff.)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 56 models, 45 with images and 26 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Nanjing 南京无线电厂 Nanjing Radio Factory, Nanjing