859 8 Transistor
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Olympic Radio & Television, Inc.; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 4 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8.5 cm = 3.3 inch
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 859 [8 Transistor] - Olympic Radio & Television,
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 110 x 160 x 55 mm / 4.3 x 6.3 x 2.2 inch
- Battery operated transistorized portable AM receiver, production date 10.06.1959. There is also a later 9 Transistor model with an additional Transistor for bias stabilization.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.620 kg / 1 lb 5.9 oz (1.366 lb)
- Model page created by Eckhard Wegner. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 571 models, 250 with images and 517 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Olympic Radio & Television, Inc.; New York (NY)