Doublet with ID=84323
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- United Radio Corporation (Peerless); Rochester NY
- Loudspeaker, headphone or earphone
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- Magnetic loudspeaker (reed) generic.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Doublet with ID=84323 - United Radio Corporation
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11.5 x 12.5 x 7 inch / 292 x 318 x 178 mm
- Magnetic speaker incathedral style cabinet. Grille in gothic motif. Slightly different back to the other "Reproducer" (ID=84323) - but maybe it is the same model. See also company history in the link. Peerless used parchment cones. This model page we show under United Radio Corporation as the main manufacturer, but the other under the Peerless maker, because this is the main name shown in the back.
There are two key patents for the Reproducer. Number 1,726,524, filed in July 1927, covers the design of an annular of freely flexible inelastic material. Igor Bobrovsky, the inventor, claimed that the ring improved sound quality of the cone. The ring is clearly visible between the beige paper cone and black steel frame. The second patent, filed in June 1927, is for a speaker with a U-shaped permanent magnet that surrounds an actuating winding. The winding drives a piston that connects to the speaker cone, producing sound. Bobrovsky filed the patent application and claimed that the actuating winding vibrates an “armature” connected to a “driving rod” connected to the cone. A lever provides a 3:2 ratio of driving rod movement compared to the armature movement. Isaac Harris of Buffalo NY designed the box and filed a patent application in March 1928.
- Price in first year of sale
- 30.00 $
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 7 models, 5 with images and 2 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from United Radio Corporation (Peerless); Rochester NY