- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 44B [Early] - Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16 x 18.5 x 11.5 inch / 406 x 470 x 292 mm
- Model 44 was an updated version of the model 43 "all wave" receiver, with coverage from the broadcast band through 23 MHz in four bands. There were four individual models in the series, depending on cabinet style.
The early version (1933) of the model 44B cathedral had a recessed panel, while the late version (1934) had a simpler flat-front cabinet. Model 44H (1933-34) was an ornate highboy, with an arched control panel and six narrow vertical bars at the sides of the speaker grill, as well as additional embellishment. Model 44X (1934) was a floor-type console in a classical style, with three round pillars in front of the speaker grill.
- Price in first year of sale
- 65.00 $
- Source of data
- Philco Radio 1928-1942
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 4 = ca. 1934 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Philco 1928-36 Wiring Diagrams, Parts Lists, and Essential Service Data
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Spiegel Catalogs (Aircastle) (Spring/Summer 1934, No. 137, page 180.)
- Model page created by Thomas Albrecht. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3964 models, 2198 with images and 3612 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA