- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF with regeneration; Reaction
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 2 & 4 & 100-110V & 15 Volt
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 2540 - Philips; Eindhoven tubes
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 400 x 460 x 240 mm / 15.7 x 18.1 x 9.4 inch
This radio has a turntable or swivel base to orient the cabinet and access the controls that are on the back.
The circuit has an RF amplifier stage and a reaction detection stage.
The radio has a built-in speaker, internal loop antenna and external antenna inputs, ground and input for pick up, with output for external speaker.
The medium wave band ranges from 500 to 200 meters and the long wave band ranges from 1000 to 2000 meters.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 21 kg / 46 lb 4.1 oz (46.256 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 550.00 SFr
- External source of data
- E. Erb 3-907007-36-0
- Mentioned in
- Les Radio PHILIPS de collection
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service manual dated 12/5/1930)
- Picture reference
- Das Modell ist im «Radiokatalog» (Erb) abgebildet.
- Other Models
Here you find 5131 models, 4249 with images and 3381 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt