- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips USA
- 1950 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 12 cm = 4.7 inch
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 490-LN - Philips USA
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 315 x 185 x 195 mm / 12.4 x 7.3 x 7.7 inch
The Philips 490-LN and the Farnsworth BT-20 radios appear to be the same except for knobs, branding, and that the Philips dial is in Meters while the Farnsworth dial is in kHz/MHz.
The Farnsworth schematic and alignment instructions may be leveraged for the Philips.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.7 kg / 8 lb 2.4 oz (8.15 lb)
- Model page created by Antonio Dias Rodrigues. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 42 models, 40 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips USA