- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 452/10700 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 9 AM circuit(s) 11 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, (BC) Long Wave (LW), 2 x SW and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 90; 110; 127; 145; 165; 190; 220; 245 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A5X83A - Philips; Eindhoven tubes
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 345 x 144 x 285 mm / 13.6 x 5.7 x 11.2 inch
- Tuner, mono. Gehäuse (ohne Boden) bestehend aus 7 Schichten Sperrholz, Dicke 7 mm. KW 1: 16 bis 50 m, KW 2: 58 bis 186 m.
To use with amplifier Philips model AG9013.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 6.1 kg / 13 lb 7 oz (13.436 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 499.00 DM
- Source of data
- Handbuch VDRG 1962/1963
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert
- Model page created by Iven Müller. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5158 models, 4274 with images and 3408 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt
Forum contributions about this model: Philips; Eindhoven: A5X83A
Threads: 1 | Posts: 2
My model was extremely dirty when purchased, so I decided to clean the dial scale with water containing a drop of dishwashing liquid. This turned out to be a bad mistake because the paint used was water soluble!
I scanned the remainder (what was left) of the scale and spent quite a few hours producing a new scale on the computer.
My next mistake was to print the image on "iron on" transparency, which ruined the original plastic.
Eventually, I used a new piece of perspex and used a "stick on transparency" printed on an ink-jet printer.
Another foolish mistake meant I had to rewind an AM if transformer. Happily, my tuner is working well in spite of its mistreatment.
Bryce Ringwood, 07.Jul.08