- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 128 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100; 125; 145; 200; 220; 245 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Theatrette V7A - Philips Electrical, Lamps,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16.75 x 13.5 x 7.5 inch / 425 x 343 x 191 mm
- SW with 16.5 till 51 metres, gramophone pickup input.
This Philips unit should be the cheap Philips answer to the Philco Peoples Set at those times. There is no chassis which is quite a challenge for a repair. Theatrette is a (later) nickname of the collectors. There is also a model V5A with the same cabinet but no tone control. The Philips V7A features a tone control switch on the left-hand side and both have at the right-hand side the wave-range switch.
- Price in first year of sale
- 7.00 guine
- Mentioned in
- Bulletin of the British Vintage Wireless Society (BVWS, 73) (Volume 20, Number 1, Feb. 1995)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 422 models, 292 with images and 281 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London