- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. (Radio Corp.); Brooklyn (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Pilot Radio & Television || Pilot Radio and Tube || Pilot Radio Corporation
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B-2 [late] - Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. Radio
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 385 x 230 x 172 mm / 15.2 x 9.1 x 6.8 inch
Different power transformers are used for 117 V, 130 V, 150 V or 230 V mains supply; series filaments; built-in loop antenna.
Broadcast Range: 550 - 1.700 KHz
Short Wave Range: 6 - 24 MHz
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.8 kg / 8 lb 5.9 oz (8.37 lb)
- External source of data
- Jorge Ferreira da Silva
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 12 = ca. 1941 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 13 = 1942 and before
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 515 models, 243 with images and 378 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. (Radio Corp.); Brooklyn (NY)