Stereo Receiver SX-202
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo
- 1982 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110V; 120V; 220; 240 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 50 W (undistorted)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Stereo Receiver SX-202 - Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 420 x 98 x 214 mm / 16.5 x 3.9 x 8.4 inch
A stereo hi-fi receiver with an FM/AM tuner and an integrated amplifier with power output of 25 watts per channel into 8 ohms. 300Ω and 75Ω FM antennae connections, AM antenna connection, RCA phono sockets for MM cartridge input and Tape input/output, 1 switched and 1 unswitched AC outlets, terminals for 2 pairs of loudspeakers and a jack for headphones. Supplied with FM T type and AM Loop Antennae.
Specification Amplifier Section Continuous Average Power Output 25 watts per channel min. into 8Ω
with no more than 0.3% THD
Total Harmonic Distortion
(40Hz-20kHz 8Ω, from TAPE)
Continuous rated power output
No more than 0.3% Intermodulation Distortion
(50Hz:7,000Hz = 4:1, 8Ω, from AUX)
continuous rated power output
No more than 0.3% Damping Factor (1 kHz, 8Ω) 22 Input (Sensitivity/Impedance) PHONO
2.5 mV/50 kΩ
150 mV/50 kΩ
Output Level TAPE REC
A, B, A series B, off
Frequency Response PHONO (RIAA Equalization)
Hum and Noise
(IHF, short circuited, A network)
FM Tuner Section Usable Sensitivity 10.7dBf (0.9µV) 50dB Quieting Sensitivity MONO
Signal-to-Noise Ratio MONO
75dB (at 85dBf)
70dB (at 85dBf)
Distortion (at 65dBf) MONO 1kHz
Alternate Channel Selectivity (400kHz) 50dB Stereo Separation (1kHz) 35dB Frequency Response 30Hz - 15kHz, +0.5dB,-1.0dB Antenna Input 300Ω balanced, 75Ω unbalanced AM Tuner Section Sensitivity IHF, Loop antenna
IHF, Ext, antenna
Selectivity 25dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio 43dB Antenna AM Loop Antenna
KU US model / AC120V only
KC Canada model / AC120V only
VP Australia model / AC240V only
S General export model / AC110V, 120V, 220V and 240V (switchable)
Power consumption: 125 W
Similar to the Pioneer SX-202L Stereo Receiver which additionally has LW.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.3 kg / 9 lb 7.5 oz (9.471 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (1983 Pioneer stereo components catalogue)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service Manual SX-202 dated Dec 1982)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1016 models, 1002 with images and 182 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo