Poulsen 1904 Arc
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Poulsen Wireless; København
- Commercial Transmitter (TX not Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- Long Wave and/or Very Low Frequency (VLF).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Power out
- 100 W (unknown quality)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Poulsen 1904 Arc - Poulsen Wireless; København
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 18 x 16 x 12 inch / 457 x 406 x 305 mm
In 1904 after his patents had been filed, Valdemar Poulsen presented a paper on his early Poulsen Arc at the World’s Fair in St. Louis, Missouri which was subsequently published in 1905 in the Transactions of the International Electrical Congress, St. Louis, 1904, Vol. II. The paper was titled “System for Producing Continuous Electrical Oscillations”, and included an image of this type of Arc. Note that it is water-cooled and uses adjustable arc spacing and magnetic blow-out. Normally, it would have a water tank and pump to cool the arc while operating.
- Model page created by Richard Groshong. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1 models, 1 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Poulsen Wireless; København