- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 195-214; 215-234; 235-260 / 2 x 45 & 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Power out
- 0.25 W (unknown quality)
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: APS - Pye Electronics Pty Ltd,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
Based on Astor model PS & is electrically indentical.
CAUTION! WHEN POWERED BY AC USE WITH AN ISOLATION TRANSFORMER
When powered from AC, the high-tension is rectified direct from mains power therefore the chassis could have 240V if the active and neutral power connections are reversed. Also the output transformer in this model is insulated from the chassis and its exposed metal body is connected to full DC high tension.
- Price in first year of sale
- 43.95 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. XI
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 11, 1953, Page 272.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 28 models, 20 with images and 18 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne