Reporter PTCA 116
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- 1951–1965 ??
- Telephony - wire and wireless
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW), Police, sometimes also early TV (75-200m).
- Power type and voltage
- Direct Current supply (DC) / 12 Volt
- Presumably Dynamic Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 1 W (2.5 W max.)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Reporter PTCA 116 - Pye Electronics Pty Ltd,
Standard frequency range 32.5 - 184 MHz in 12 bands.
A specially adapted Pye Reporter was fitted to Donald Campbell's boat "Blue Bird" in September 1956 when he set the world water speed record of 225.63 MPH.
Pye Reporters were also used in Perth and Sydney during the 1954 Royal Tour.
- Model page created by Keith Ellison. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 28 models, 20 with images and 18 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne