- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Ltd., Radio Works; Cambridge
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 462 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: MP/RG - Pye Ltd., Radio Works;
- Console with any shape - in general
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 19.5 x 36.75 x 14.5 inch / 495 x 933 x 368 mm
The MP/RG is the radio-gramophone version of the MP and contains a heavily-modified MP chassis to allow the use of the magnetic pickup fitted (Garrard type 'E'). This particular chassis uses an ECH3 as the mixer/oscillator; earlier versions used an ECH2.
The modification for the radio-gramophone involves using the triode section of the mixer/oscillator as a pre-amplifier for the pickup.
The 'MP' series were "economy" models and so use unscreened coils and mechanically-adjusted IF transformers to save money.
- Price in first year of sale
- 19.50 GBP
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (495)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 586 models, 437 with images and 338 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Ltd., Radio Works; Cambridge