ISB Adaptor RA-121 (RA-121A) (RA121A) UK version
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1965 ??
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- ZF/IF 100/18 kHz
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125; 200-250 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: ISB Adaptor RA-121 [UK version] - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 19 x 5.25 x 0 inch / 483 x 133 x 0 mm
- Independent Side Band Adaptor matching the RA-17 family receivers, allows reception of USB, LSB and ISB signals.
The 100 kHz 3rd IF of the RA-17 is mixed with a 118 kHz oscillator signal for a new IF of 18 kHz. 18 kHz +/- 6 kHz bandpass filters separate the audio signal of the two sidebands, which are fed to separate audio frequency amplifiers.
A CRT tube which produces a Lissajou figure is used for indication of correct tuning of receiver and adaptor tuning. Variants: RA-121B with US tubes and connectors, RA-121D with more stable crystal controlled 118 kHz oscillator.
- Mentioned in
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell