- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1965–1976 ??
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 100-125; 200-250 / 21-27 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Power out
- 0.01 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: RA-1217 - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 483 x 89 x 406 mm / 19 x 3.5 x 16 inch
- Commercial receiver, covers 980 kHz - 30 MHz, AM, USB/LSB;
Mechanical digital readout 200 Hz, standard bandwidths 0.2 / 3 / 8 kHz, optional 0.5 / 1.2 / 13 kHz.
Transistorized successor of RA-17, rack version of RA-217, similar US model RA-6217.
Early versions with 1 W AF out, later models 10 mW AF headphones AF out.
Accessories: RA-298C ISB adaptor, RA-316 FSK converter, RA-326 dual diversity FSK converter, RA-336 panoramic adaptor, RA-337 LF converter.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 13.6 kg / 29 lb 15.3 oz (29.956 lb)
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell