- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1970 ??
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125 / 200-250 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Speedrace RTA-191 - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 623 x 1790 x 685 mm / 24.5 x 70.5 x 27 inch
- Receiving System with remote control options:
coverage 2 - 29.999 MHz, AM, USB/LSB, ISB (independant side band), CW;
whole rack system consists of
RA-180 RF and Mixer unit: preselector and front end protection
MA-250 Decade Generator: receiving frequency synthesizer
MA-275 Oscillator Coupling Unit: couples MA-250 to RA-180 mixer
MA-219 IF unit: filters IF coming from RA-180 mixer, provides USB/LSB with 3 kHz, DSB 7 kHz and CW 350 Hz bandwidths
MA-229 IF unit: filters IF coming from RA-180 mixer and provides 6 kHz bandwidth in ISB mode
MA-185 Demodulator unit: demodulates IF signals from different sources, provides three independant demodulators
LA-196 Receiver Control Converter: handles signals from remote control terminal
PU-225 Servo Control Power Unit: power supply for motors and relays of remote control system
PU-238 24V DC Power Unit: provides +/- 12 V power supply for remote control system.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 268 kg / 590 lb 4.9 oz (590.308 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell