Z.C. 1 Mk II (Mk2)
Ultimate (Brand), Radio Ltd. & Radio (1936) Ltd.; Auckland
- New Zealand-Aotearoa
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ultimate (Brand), Radio Ltd. & Radio (1936) Ltd.; Auckland
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 12 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Z.C. 1 Mk II - Ultimate Brand, Radio Ltd. &
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- New Zealand Wireless Set Z.C.1 Mk II: Military transceiver covering 2 - 8 MHz in twoi bands (2-4, 4-8 MHz), operating modes CW, MCW and AM.
Output power around 2,5 W.
The design of this set was principally based on the English Wireless Set No. 19, there have been plans to incorporate a UHF "B set", but only protype UHF modules have been produced.
The set could be operated with the optional Z.A.1 power amplifier.
Most of the Z.C.1 Mk II sets have been produced by Radio Ltd., a significant number by Radio Corporation.
The New Zealand Wireless Set Z.C.1 Mk II has never seen use at a war theatre during WW II, after the war, it has been in use in Japan. A large amount of Z.C. Mk II sets has been shipped to Egypt but arrived there only after the ende of WWII, some sets turned up in use of Egyptian, Greek and Turkish armed forces, some sets turned up in England and ended up sold as surplus (and thus used by radio amateurs in Europe). In New Zealand, after WWII, many sets have been in use by the Transport Department and the Police as a mobile patrol transceiver.
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 123 models, 96 with images and 107 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ultimate (Brand), Radio Ltd. & Radio (1936) Ltd.; Auckland