- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio Rentals; London
- 1935 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 200; 250 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet. / Ø 20 cm = 7.9 inch
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: R.R. 588 - Radio Rentals; London
- Tablemodel, Tombstone = decorative upright, not cathedral but can have rounded edges.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 345 x 540 x 235 mm / 13.6 x 21.3 x 9.3 inch
The receiver R.R. 588 was manufactured for Radio Rentals Ltd. and licensed under Ekco and other patents.
The total count of valves remains unknown, only 2 types (frequency changer or mixer and IF amplifier) are verified.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9.3 kg / 20 lb 7.8 oz (20.485 lb)
- Model page created by Heinz Moser. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 25 models, 18 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio Rentals; London