- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- RGD, Radio Gramophone Development; Birmingham
- 1972 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / 6 x 1.5 / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Power out
- 0.6 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: R160 - RGD, Radio Gramophone
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 205 x 124 x 55 mm / 8.1 x 4.9 x 2.2 inch
This RGD radio is based on the same chassis as the ITT KB Tiny Super but there may be differences in the transistors.
Elliptical speaker 5 x 3 inches.
Made in Hong Kong
Dimensions exclude the handle and buttons.
- Price in first year of sale
- 16.50 GBP
- Source of data
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by Mike Edwards. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 141 models, 107 with images and 66 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from RGD, Radio Gramophone Development; Birmingham