Impulse Noise Reduction System 5000 Export
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Scientific Audio Electronics Inc., SAE; Los Angeles, CA
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Impulse Noise Reduction System 5000 [Export] - Scientific Audio Electronics
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 274 x 80 x 210 mm / 10.8 x 3.1 x 8.3 inch
- Adjustable impulse noise detection and removal unit against clicks and pops on records. Removed noise is replaced by extrapolated musical information around the noise. The function needs basically a stereo signal. Monitor for removed noise.
Except of one BC237 the circuit has "secret" (OEM) semiconductors: 8 IC's, 4 FET and 2 silicon transistors.
WARNING: This "Export"-version uses a 2.7k/10W ballast resistor in front of the standard US-transformer!
(Extra 19" rack mount panel available. Succeeded by model 5000A in 1980)
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.1 kg / 4 lb 10 oz (4.626 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Model page created by Georg Richter. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 15 models, 13 with images and 2 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Scientific Audio Electronics Inc., SAE; Los Angeles, CA