Portable Radio RP-8880 UM (=Europe Version)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.; Moriguchi (Osaka)
- 1978 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 460/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, more than 2 x SW plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 120; 200; 220; 240/ 8 × 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 12 cm = 4.7 inch
- Power out
- 4 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Portable Radio RP-8880 UM - Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.;
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 475 x 243 x 142 mm / 18.7 x 9.6 x 5.6 inch
- Sanyo Portable Radio RP-8880 UM (Suffix UM = Europe Version);
CCIR FM: 87.5 - 108 MHz,
LW: 150 - 405 kHz,
MW: 510 - 1.605 kHz,
MB: 1.6 - 2.3 MHz,
SW1: 2.3 - 5.95 MHz,
SW2: 5.95 - 6.2 MHz,
SW3: 6.2 - 10.0 MHz,
SW4: 11.7 - 20.0 MHz,
SW5: 20.0 - 30.0 MHz,
two telescopic rods, turnable ferrite bar on top, signal meter, crystal frequency marker and analog readout, built-in BFO, ext. power jack: 12 VDC.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.5 kg / 9 lb 14.6 oz (9.912 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 646.00 DM
- External source of data
- R. Lichte
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1515 models, 1326 with images and 303 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.; Moriguchi (Osaka)
Forum contributions about this model: Sanyo Electric Co.: Portable Radio RP-8880 UM
Threads: 1 | Posts: 3
A friend broght me this radio to repair. The radio is working ok on MW but the FM is receiving only one station, so I think the FM oscilator is probably not working. I checked the documents attached to the model and the service manual only has page number 1. I was wondering if anyone has the complete document? I am confident I can fix it if I have the service manual.
Mario Bermejo, 23.May.07