Transcontinental 10U-P10 (PIO)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.; Moriguchi (Osaka)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / D: 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Power out
- 0.8 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transcontinental 10U-P10 - Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.;
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.25 x 5 x 2.5 inch / 235 x 127 x 64 mm
Sanyo Model 10U-P10
A 10-transistor, three band portable radio in attractive, modern style and satin chrome speaker grille.
Features: fine tuning control; hi-lo tone control. Battery level meter; dial illumination lamp. Operates from four UM-1 batteries or AC using optional adaptor. Accessories: carrying case, shoulder strap and earphone with leather case. (MINGAY'S PRICE SERVICE)
MW 530-1605 kHz, SW1 2.3-7.3 MHz, SW2 8.0-22.0 MHz.
Model Identical to Channel Master 6523
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.880 kg / 1 lb 15 oz (1.938 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 19.00 GBP
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1969 to Feb 1974.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group G7, 1970, Page S204.)
- Model page created by Adamantios Nikolaidis Wentzelopoulos. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1558 models, 1368 with images and 312 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.; Moriguchi (Osaka)