2-Band Transistor 10 BXS-390
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sharp; Osaka
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Hayakawa Electric Co.Ltd.
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / C: 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Power out
- 0.3 W (undistorted)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 2-Band Transistor 10 BXS-390 - Sharp; Osaka
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.3125 x 4.5 x 2.0625 inch / 237 x 114 x 52 mm
Sharp Model BXS390
Portable dual-wave 10-transistor radio, housed in leather carrying case; complete with earphone and strap.
Features: tuning ranges - BC, 530 - 1605 kC/s (kHz). SW, 6 - 18MC/s (MHz). New RF amplifier for improved SW reception. Push-button for BC/SW band changing. Indicator shows battery condition and if tuning correct. Operates from four Eveready Type 935 batteries or equivalent. Can be operated as a car radio, in a attachment (optional extra) fitted under dash.
This model sold in Australia between 1961 and 1963 for £49/7/-. Car attachment (optional extra) £6/6/-.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.047 kg / 2 lb 4.9 oz (2.306 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1962 to Feb 1963.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group C1, 1964, Page S147. (Also at KevinChant com))
- Model page created by Sofronios Markidis. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1257 models, 1125 with images and 492 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sharp; Osaka