Lavalier microphone 570
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Shure; Chicago, Evanston, Niles (IL)
- 1965 ??
- Microphone or Pick-up element
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Lavalier microphone 570 - Shure; Chicago, Evanston,
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 20 x 67 x 0 mm / 0.8 x 2.6 x 0 inch
Lavalier microphones were worn around the neck using a necklace, thus giving the speaker more freedom of movement than a stand microphone. Compared to modern wireless microphones, the weight of these early lavaliers of the sixties was still remarkably high: The model 570 weighed approx. 60 grams. The total weight of the microphone including the cable and plug summed up to 140 grams.
Apart from using the model 570 as a lavalier, it could be placed into an 'Isolation mount and swivel adaper' (SHURE model A53M) The receptacle of the adapter consisted of a soft rubber gasket, keeping away parasitic vibrations from the sensitive microphone capsule.The A53M could be hand-held or plugged into a mcrophone stand.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.060 kg / 0 lb 2.1 oz (0.132 lb)
- Model page created by Harald Giese. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 129 models, 123 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Shure; Chicago, Evanston, Niles (IL)