- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Shure; Chicago, Evanston, Niles (IL)
- Microphone or Pick-up element
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Unidyne 555C - Shure; Chicago, Evanston,
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 3.25 x 4.5 x 3.5 inch / 83 x 114 x 89 mm
The Shure Unidyne 555C is a high impedance cardioid microphone with a shock mount in lower portion of mic. Through the exclusive Uniphase principle, the 555C Unidyne provides the highly advantageous true cardoid uni-directional pick-up characteristic. It affords wide-angle front-side coverage (both horizontally and vertically) with an average front-to-rear discrimination of 12 to 15 db over a wide frequency range.
There were 3 different versions of the 555 family of microphones available:
Model Impedance 555A Low Impedance (50 Ohms) 555B Medium Impedance (250 Ohms) 555C High Impedance (15,000 Ohms)
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.5 lb (4 lb 8 oz) / 2.043 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 60.00 USD
- Model page created by Hannes Gerber. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 130 models, 125 with images and 48 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Shure; Chicago, Evanston, Niles (IL)